Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Bringing It All Back

Last week I got to see a few old friends of mine. We were all drinking far too much and laughing at just about everything which made the moment feel like it couldn't be any better. I don't often get to be surrounded by this specific group of friends but I will say... when I do get the chance to be around them again it always brings my head and heart back home. It brings me back to the nights Annie and I would sneak out of my parents house. It brings me back to working at the movie theater with her and the sheer excitement we had when we had realized that I had just landed her a job, and who on earth would ever think us two best friends would ever get anything done working together? What a joke.
I'm also back in leadership class with Chase freshman year of high school and he's saving me seats in class to stop me form having to sit by the kid that always referenced my boobs or my teeth every time I came to class. Or I'm in his Jeep and were going up Burch Mountain to go mudding while talking trash on everyone that had made us mad that week.
I'm back to Black Lake with Devan and watching him get drunk for the first time and he can hardly stand but he doesn't wipe that smug but happy look off of his face because he is in fact drunk and doesn't know any other facial expression at this point.
I love running into my old friends because those memories in Wenatchee that I had thought I buried deep down and had forgotten aren't actually forgotten after all. It makes me appreciate my dumb teen days and thank God that he has given me people that I can run into every now and again and bring it all back.

No comments:

Post a Comment